Benefit from fractional ownership of tools, data, systems, and R&D
Data and tools, in the right hands, lead to insight. Insight shapes decisions, improves clarity, and sharpens focus. Focus leads to operational excellence, bolstered with analytics-driven accountability. Accountability drives continuously improving digital marketing effort and leads to results.
Three Ships Media supports your internal marketing and communications efforts by aiding in the development and implementation of strategy. Our proprietary data and competitive benchmarking will help us develop unique competitive advantages online. Through unparalleled competitive benchmarking, best practices research, and the deployment of best-in-class proprietary and purchased tools, our clients are equipped to outperform their peers and win online.
Ongoing Three Ships Media Investments
- Thought Leadership. We’re in this business to see innovation, harness it, and commercialize it for our clients. We hire for digital geekiness, seeking people who will have fun teaching 150 Harvard graduate students principles of digital marketing, briefing the media on the implications of social media for the 2012 election season, or undertaking new statistical research projects that seem “cool.”
- Proprietary Tools. Building tools from scratch isn’t our first impulse, but when we need to solve a client problem that hasn’t been solved we’ll do it. We’ve built a proprietary reporting tool, a Search Engine Optimization tracker, a web crawler (“Colombot”), and automated the collection of social and Web data on a large set of companies. These assets offer ongoing value to clients of Three Ships Media.
- Training. Three Ships University has formal coursework that covers finance, digital tactics, and includes a case study series. Externally Three Ships Media attends or presents at Search Engine Strategies (SF, Chicago, NYC), LeadsCon, Online Marketing Summit, Internet Summit, and AdTech.
- Purchased Tools & Data. Effective decisions are based on high quality, accurate information. We utilize 31 different services and tools including eConsultancy, the SEOMOZ suite, Lynda, Compete, Performable, Hubspot, Website Optimizer, Webtrends, and Google Analytics in order to ensure we synthesize the most relevant information on digital marketing performance.
- Operational System. A software-based operating system queues tasks and triggers pre-set daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews of digital services work product. This ensures a high-level of efficiency and quality control. Hiring a recent college grad to manage digital marketing may sound cheaper, but taking into account productivity – it’s often more expensive.
- Knowledge Management. Each team at Three Ships Media holds weekly learning huddles to share new insights and information on digital marketing best practices.